Terms & Conditions
Mandarin Matrix Limited (MMX) Website and Online Classroom terms and conditions
Welcome to the terms and conditions pages which govern the rights and obligations of people using the www.mandarinmatrix.com online classroom, as well as any of our other products and services that form part of the Mandarin Matrix publishing house.
By accessing www.mandarinmatrix.com (The Site) or accessing any content found on this website or by using any associated websites, digital magazines, smart phone versions and e-newsletters published by MMX (Digital Products), you are entering into an agreement with MMX and thereby agree to the terms that follow.
Nature of site and liability
- MMX accepts no liability for any loss which may arise from reliance on information contained in this site, or any other site, digital magazines, smart phone versions and e-newsletters linked to this site or our company.
- The contents and design of The Site, Digital Products, printed products and any material e-mailed to you or otherwise supplied to you in conjunction with The Site and/or Digital Products and/or printed products and teacher support material, is the copyright of MMX.
MMX own the content on The Site and all printed and Digital Products. The content includes, but is not limited to text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content (the content). The content is protected by copyright under the laws of the Hong Kong SAR. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in The Site or Digital or printed Products.
- You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, translate, enter into a database, modify or transmit any of the content from this site, or from any of the Digital or printed Products, without the express written permission of MMX.
- If you wish to syndicate or license any content from The Site and/or Digital Products please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +852 2201 9719.
- The software that operates The Site and Digital Products is proprietary software and you may not use it except as expressly allowed under these Terms. You may not copy, reverse engineer, modify or otherwise deal with the software.
User Licences and Restrictions
- A specific licence key is required for each individual using the online classroom. Licences may not be shared across more than one individual, although this individual may access their account on any number of digital devices.
- Licences are purchased on a one year basis or multiples thereof and should be paid for in full prior to each year of licence agreement. If during the time of the paid up licence period, the user then wishes to terminate their agreement, then the contract will finish at the end of the paid for contract. Mandarin Matrix will not consider any rebate on the unused licence time under any circumstances.
- MMX reserve the right to delete all individual and log file data for each user licence that has expired for a period of more than 3 months. In cases where the licence is still active we may choose to delete user and log file data that is over 3 years old.
User submissions and content rights
- You shall not upload to or publish on the website(s) message boards any libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive or otherwise illegal material.
- You agree that you will not threaten or verbally abuse other users, use defamatory language, or deliberately disrupt discussions with repetitive messages, meaningless messages or spam.
- We encourage active discussions, but personal attacks are grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the website(s).
- Any postings by you shall be used only in a non-commercial manner. You shall not, without the express approval of MMX, distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, goods, services or advertising.
- You are solely responsible for the content of your messages. MMX does not and cannot review every message posted by you on the site and is not responsible for the content of these messages. MMX reserves the right to delete, move, or edit messages that it, at its sole discretion, deems unacceptable.
- You agree that any submissions you make may be edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted, and displayed by MMX and you waive any moral rights you may have in having the material altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you.
Termination and Amendments
- We may terminate access to our site at any time.
- No part of these terms is intended to constitute an exclusion of any liability which cannot be excluded under Hong Kong law.